Society of Environmental Science (SES)
Registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI, 1860
(Incorporated with Confederation of Engineers)
Society of Environmental Science (SES), a non-profit development organization, has been promoting Environmental Improvement Initiatives in India and consultation with abroad. SES is an active in Environmental Education, Biodiversity Conservation, Information Dissemination, Solid Waste Management, Eco-Technology & Heritage Conservation. Environmental Education in Architectural, Structural, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical & all other engineering branches has been the centerpiece of all programs of the Society. The organization is meritoriously operating in different States of the Country.
Organizational Profile: Registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI, 1860, Society of Environmental Science (SES) a dynamic and flexible organization with a global vision and local focus- was set up to increase the consciousness and knowledge about the environment and the major environmental problems facing the Earth today. Society of Environmental Science has been providing leadership role in the field of environment and resource management since its inception. SES has been engaged in environmental development activities with a philosophy of self-help and community participation of all engineering branches.
The projects and programmes undertaken by SES move from local and national level strategies to suggesting global solutions on critical environment related issues. These are the common issues defining all other environmental organizations but SES has created widespread environmental and civic awareness by promoting community based environmental improvement efforts and by internet communication. The aim of the Society is to reach the last man in world, who is unaware of the beautiful environment and give the message “Save the Environment”.
To provide development framework that are ecologically sound, self sustaining and equitable in the distribution of resources and opportunities.
- To promote, encourage knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of nature
- To propagate eco-technology to enhance efficient resource use
- To undertake pilot projects for demonstration of viable developmental options
- To promote and provide training, research and publication on environment
- To promote community action for socio-economic and eco-development
- To disseminate information through workshops, conferences, audiovisuals etc
- To remove gender disparity, child labour, promote equity and social harmony
- To collaborate with like-minded institutions in creating network
The programmes and projects and Research topics implemented for the members of SES.
Environmental Education and Awareness:-
Programmes under Formal Environmental Education:
- Environment Education in School System
- Environmental Appreciation Courses
- Environmental concepts in Management and Business Studies
Programmes under Non-Formal Environmental Education :
- National Environment Awareness Campaign (NEAC)
- Eco-clubs (NGC)
- Mass Awareness
Visions due to environmental programmes:-
- Development of educational/teaching materials and aids in the formal education sector;
- To encourage non-governmental organisations, mass media and other concerned organisations for promoting awareness among the people at all levels;
- To promote environment education through existing educational/scientific/research institutions;
- To ensure training and manpower development in environment education; and
- To mobilise people’s awareness for the preservation and conservation of environment.
Environmental Law & Policy:
Environmental law should include the following issues that tackle the environmental related problems, like
Air pollution ,
Soil erosion, Soil salination,
- Environmental policy should include the assessment of state implementation of environmental law.
- Encourage the peoples to participate in environmental decision making.
- Building capacity of judges to enforce environmental law.
Professional qualification required for ‘Certified Industrial Environmentalist’:-
Life Member of the Society of Environmental Science (SES) is eligible to become and enjoy the status of ‘Certified Industrial Environmentalist’.
Entrance, Subscription fees of SES Membership: (for India, Pakistan, Bangladesh & Nepal)
|Entrance Fee ||Rs. 1000.00 |
|First Year or Annual Subscription ||Rs. 1000.00|
|Life Member of SES ||Rs. 10000.00 |
For other Foreign Nationals:-
($ 250.00 for Life Membership & Certified Industrial Environmentalist title)
Benefits of Membership:-
- e-journal is provided to members of SES
- Life members enjoy the status of ‘Certified Industrial Environmentalist’ of in the society
- Members shall designate themselves like M.S.E.S.
- By working together for the betterment of the environment, we would satisfy to save our next generation and simultaneously our world.
Services provided by the ‘Certified Industrial Environmentalist’:-
- For Environmental Impact Assessment
- For Environmental Clearances
- For Technical Appraisals
- For Techno - economic feasibility study
Working Areas of ‘Certified Industrial Environmentalist’:-
- Industrial Sector: Petroleum Industry / Oil / Food / Chemical / IT-SEZ / Power & Construction
- Authorities: Pollution Control Boards / Govt. / Semi Govt. / Municipal Corporations
APPROVED SCALE OF FEES TO BE CHARGED FOR CERTIFICATIONS:
APPROVED OR SANCTIONED SCALE OF CHARGES IS TO BE DECIDED BY THE GOVERNING COUNCIL OR IT SHOULD BE A MOU BETWEEN THE INDIVIDUAL PROFESSIONAL AND THE INDUSTRY. IT IS A MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN CERTIFYING PROFESSIONAL AND THE COMPANY.
List of Members: -A printed list of Corporate Members of the Institution shall be forwarded to each member on the price to be fixed for the Members and non-members.
- Only Candidates who takes profession seriously may apply.
- Titles are allotted only after becoming a life member.
- Demand Draft for all the memberships should be in the name of “Confederation of Engineers”, payable at Pune Only.
- Membership is not transferable.
- ISE member should follow the institutional Code of practice.
- ISE has a right to cease the membership in case of any related offence.