- The Confederation of Engineers (India) is registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 Act.
- Interpretation :- These rules shall be construed with reference to the provisions of the Societies Act, 1860 and terms used in those rules shall be taken as having the same respective meaning as they have when used in that Act.
- Objects of the Institution:- The Institution is established for the purposes expressed in the Memorandum of Association.
- Membership of the Institution:-
Confederation of Engineers (India) The Institution shall consist of only one class i.e. Member.
Member of the Confederation shall be permitted to use any suffix of the confederation but shall be entitled in other respects to the privileges of the membership.
- Eligibility for Enrolment as a Member:-
The candidate must be Diploma/Degree in Engineering (any branch) or Architecture with experience of 05 years and above in the relative field.
- Branches:– The Council may at their discretion set up and organize local branches or divisions of the Institution in such places as they may think fit, either at states or major cities. Member will be appointed to or authorized to appoint committees, consisting of members of the Institution to control and manage such branches or divisions in accordance with such rules as the Council may from time to time determine, subject always to the provisions of the rules and Bye-laws of the Institution.
- Meeting of the Council:–
Meeting of the Council may be convened:-
- By order of the President or Vice-President or by any five members of the Council.
- By the Secretary for the purpose of giving effect to any provisions of these rules or the Bye-laws of the Institution.
- Written Resolution:-
A resolution in writing signed by all the members of the Council shall be as valid and effectual as if it had been passed at a meeting of the Council duly mentioned and held.
The Council or any member thereof shall be paid all actual outlay on behalf of the Institution incurred by order of or sanctioned by the Council.
- Publications & Books:–
The Council shall publish books in affordable cost and make available to the members.
- Honorary General Secretary:-
There shall be an Honorary General Secretary as a member of the Council, who shall be responsible under the direction of the Council for the administration of such of the affairs of the Institution as shall be entrusted to him by the Council, and shall be one of the signatories empowered to sign cheques on behalf of the Institution.
- Duties of Secretary:-
The Secretary shall, unless the Council otherwise directs, conduct the correspondence of the Institution, prepare the Agenda for all meetings of the Institution, the Council and of all committees, shall be responsible for recording the minutes of the proceedings at all such meetings, draw up reports, petitions and memorials, superintend the collection of the subscriptions and edit the transactions. All books, documents, records and papers shall be in the charge of the Secretary.
- Lifetime Fee and Title:-
||Life Time Fees
|Member of Confederation of Engineers (India) (M.C.E.) ||Rs. 10000.00 ||Lifetime fees with “Certified Engineer” Title |
|Member of Institution of Structural Engineers (M.I.S.E.) ||Rs. 10000.00 ||Lifetime fees with “Certified Structural Engineer”
|Member of Society of Environmental Science (M.S.E.S) ||Rs. 10000.00 ||Lifetime fees with “Certified Environmentalist”
- Mode of Payment:-
Every person becoming a member of the Institution shall pay his lifetime fee along with application for seeking membership by Demand Draft only.
Any member, desiring to resign, shall give notice in writing of his intention to the Secretary and on receipt of such notice, the resignation shall take effect accordingly, but unless such notice shall be given so that it shall be received by the Secretary on or before the 15th December.
- Expulsion of Members:–
If any member in the opinion of the council, shall have willfully committed a felony or misdemeanour or shall have willfully acted in contravention of the Rules and Regulations of the Institution or who, in the opinion of the council, shall have been guilty of violation of the Code of Conduct as framed by the council or whose conduct has been injurious or detrimental to the interests or welfare of the Institution or of the profession, council has the right to cancel the membership.
- Council Meetings:-
The Council Meetings of the Institution shall be held in every month
Notice required to be sent to or served upon Corporate Members may be given or served personally or by leaving the same or by sending them prepaid by post addressed to the Corporate Members at their registered addresses. Notices served by post shall be deemed to have been served on the day following that on which the letter containing the same being properly stamped and addressed was put into the post office letter box by the Secretary of the Institution.
- Indication of Corporate Membership:–
Each Corporate Member shall be entitled to affix to his name the following initial letter to indicate his membership of the Institution:–
Confederation of Engineers (India)
Member may Affix : M.C.E.
Certified Engineer: C. Eng.
Institution of Structural Engineers (ISE)
Member may Affix : M.I.S.E.
Certified Engineer: C. Struct. Eng.
Confederation of Engineers (India)
Member may Affix : M.S.E.S.
Certified Engineer: C. Env.
The Governing Council may from time to time approve further suffixes and shall give notification thereof to the Corporate Members, but no suffix may be used unless and until notice of such approval by the Council has been given.
A certificate shall be given to each Corporate Member after he has been duly elected and has paid his membership fees. A certificate shall be given to each President upon his taking the chair for the first time and such certificate shall state that he has been duly elected to office. All certificates are the property of the Institution and must be returned if and when membership ceases.
- List of Members:-
A printed list of Corporate Members of the Institution shall be forwarded to each member on the price to be fixed for the Members and non-members.