- The Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers is registered under Companies Registration Act 2013 Section-8.
- Interpretation :- These rules shall be construed with reference to the provisions under Companies Registration Act 2013 Section-8.and terms used in those rules shall be taken as having the same respective meaning as they have when used in that Act.
- Objects of the Institution:- The Institution is established for the purposes expressed in the Memorandum of Association.
- Membership of the Institution:-
Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers:- The Institution shall consist of only one class i.e. Member.
Member of the Confederation shall be permitted to use any suffix of the confederation but shall be entitled in other respects to the privileges of the membership.
- Eligibility for Enrolment as a Member:-
- A)The candidate interested to Registered as a Valuer/Appraiser must be Bachelors of Architecture/Degree in Engineering (any branch) from any UGC recognized University with experience of 05 years and above in the relative field or as directed under companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation)Rules, 2017 by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India.
- B)The Diploma Engineering holders and Degree Architecture/Engineer Candidates below 05 years of Experience can registered as a Junior Appraiser. (They can not act as a Valuer independently)
- C)The candidate interested to Registered as a Certified/Chartered Engineer must be Diploma/Degree in Engineering (any branch) from any UGC recognized University with experience of 05 years and above in the relative field.
- Branches:-The Council may at their discretion set up and organize local branches or divisions of the Confederation in such places as they may think fit, either at states or major cities. Member will be appointed to or authorized to appoint committees, consisting of members of the Confederation to control and manage such branches or divisions in accordance with such rules as the Council may from time to time determine, subject always to the provisions of the rules and Bye-laws of the Confederation.
- Meeting of the Council:
Meeting of the Council may be convened:-
- By order of the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)of the Council.
- By the Director for the purpose of giving effect to any provisions of these rules or the Bye-laws of the Confederation
- Written Resolution:-
A resolution in writing signed by all the Directors of the Confederation shall be as valid and effectual as if it had been passed at a meeting of the Confederation duly mentioned and held.
The Council or any member thereof shall be paid all actual outlay on behalf of the Confederation incurred by order of or sanctioned by the Council.
- Publications & Books:
The Confederation shall publish books in affordable cost and make available to the members.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO):-
There shall be an Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as a Honorary Member of the Council, who shall be responsible under the direction of the Council for the administration of such of the affairs of the Confederation as shall be entrusted to him by the Council, and shall be one of the signatories empowered to sign Legal Documents on behalf of the Confederation.
- Duties of Chief Executive Officer (CEO):-
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) shall, unless the Council otherwise directs, conduct the correspondence of the Confederation, prepare the Agenda for all meetings of the Confederation , the Council and of all committees, shall be responsible for recording the minutes of the proceedings at all such meetings, draw up reports, petitions and memorials, superintend the collection of the subscriptions and edit the transactions. All books, documents, records and papers shall be in the charge of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- A)Lifetime Fees and Title for Individual Valuers/Appraisers:-
B)Lifetime Fees for Partnership Firms of Valuers/Appraisers:- Rs. 50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Rs. Only.)
|Member of Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers (M.C.E.A.) ||Rs. 25,000.00 ||Lifetime fees with Certified Appraiser Title |
|Member of Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers (M.C.E.A.) ||Rs. 5,000.00 ||Ordinary Membership Fees without Title |
|Member of Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers (M.C.E.A.) ||Rs. 3,000.00 ||Yearly fees with Jr. Appraiser Title |
C)Lifetime Fees for Corporate Companies/Firms of Valuers/Appraisers:- Rs. 1,00,000.00 (One lakh Rs. Only.)
- Lifetime Fees and Title for Engineers:-
||Life Time Fees
|Member of Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers (M.C.E.A.) ||Rs. 10,000.00 ||Lifetime fees with Certified Engineer Title |
|Member of Institution of Structural Engineers (M.I.S.E.) ||Rs. 10,000.00 ||Lifetime fees with Certified Structural Engineer
|Member of Society of Environmental Science (M.S.E.S) ||Rs. 10,000.00 ||Lifetime fees with Certified Environmentalist
- Mode of Payment:-
Every person becoming a member of the Confederation shall pay his lifetime fee along with application for seeking membership by Demand Draft only (Demand Draft should be in favour of Confederation of Engineers and Appraisers, payable at Pune only.)
Any member, desiring to resign, shall give notice in writing of his intention to the Chief Executive Officer and on receipt of such notice, the resignation shall take effect accordingly, but unless such notice shall be given so that it shall be received by the Chief Executive Officer on or before the 15th December.
- Expulsion of Members
If any member in the opinion of the council, shall have willfully committed a felony or misdemeanor or shall have willfully acted in contravention of the Rules and Regulations of the Confederation or who, in the opinion of the council, shall have been guilty of violation of the Code of Conduct as framed by the council or whose conduct has been injurious or detrimental to the interests or welfare of the Institution or of the profession, council has the right to cancel the membership.
- Council Meetings:-
The Council Meetings of the Confederation shall be held in every month
Notice required to be sent to or served upon Corporate Members may be given or served personally or by leaving the same or by sending them prepaid by post addressed to the Corporate Members at their registered addresses. Notices served by post shall be deemed to have been served on the day following that on which the letter containing the same being properly stamped and addressed was put into the post office letter box by the Secretary of the Institution.
- Indication of Corporate Membership-
Each Corporate Member shall be entitled to affix to his name the following initial letter to indicate his membership of the Confederation:–
Confederation of Engineers & Appraisers
Lifetime Members may Affix : M.C.E.A. with title Certified Appraiser
Ordinary Members may Affix : M.C.E.A.Chartered Engineer: C. Engg.
Diploma Engineers and Degree Engineers/Architects
below 05 years of experience Certified Industrial Engineer: C. Ind. Eng. may Affix : M.C.E.A. with title Jr. Appraiser
Institution of Structural Engineers (ISE)
Member may Affix : M.I.S.E.
Chartered Structural Engineer: C. Struct. Eng.
Certified Structural Engineer: C. Struct. Eng.
Society of Environmental Sciences ( SES )
Member may Affix : M.S.E.S.
Chartered Environmentalist : C. Env..
Certified Industrial Environmentalist: C. Ind. Env.
The Governing Council may from time to time approve further suffixes and shall give notification thereof to the Corporate Members, but no suffix may be used unless and until notice of such approval by the Council has been given.
A certificate shall be given to each Corporate Member after he has been duly elected and has paid his membership fees. A certificate shall be given to each Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) upon his taking the chair for the first time and such certificate shall state that he has been duly elected to office. All certificates are the property of the Confederation and must be returned if and when membership ceases.
- List of Members:-
A printed list of Corporate Members of the Confederation shall be forwarded to each member on the price to be fixed for the Members and non-members.